Thursday, May 30, 2013

Still plugging away on the FPGA synthesizer

I really bit off a good deal more than I could chew by trying to get that thing running as quickly as I did. A lot of what I'm doing now is going back over minute assumptions about what should work in real hardware, trying to get MyHDL's simulator to agree with Xilinx's ISE simulator (ISE Sim doesn't like datapaths wider than 32 bits) and trying to get the chip to agree with either of them. The chip seems to have a mind of its own. Very annoying.

Anyway I've moved this stuff into its own Github repository so you can show it to your friends and all stand around mocking it without the distraction of other software I've written over the years. So, for as long as it still doesn't work (and with, I hope, the good grace to do it behind my back), y'all can continue with that mocking. Once it actually does what it's supposed to do, all mocking must of course cease.

No comments: